Firm: DSK Law
Location: Melbourne - FL
1825 Riverview Dr.
Melbourne, FL 32901
- Tel : (321) 421-5529
- Fax : (321) 339-1935
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Brett J. Miller is the founding and managing Partner of DSK Law’s Melbourne office. In addition to transactional business and real estate law, Brett practices complex commercial, civil, and appellate litigation with a general focus on business, construction, insurance, local government, and real estate matters. Since 2012, Brett has successfully represented developers, contractors, publicly traded companies, small business entities, local government agencies, and individuals to resolve disputes pre-suit, at mediation, through trial in both federal and state court, and on appeal. With respect to appellate matters, Brett has had the privilege of presenting oral argument before the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and Florida’s Fifth District Court of Appeal.
Prior to practicing law, Brett worked in corporate sales and marketing throughout Central Florida, and he attended night classes at Stetson University where he earned a Master of Business Administration. While in law school Brett worked for the Florida House of Representatives, Appropriations Committee; University of Florida, Office of Government Relations; and Disability Rights Florida.
- All Florida State Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Awards & Recognition
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, “Up & Comer” in Commercial Litigation – 2019 & 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” in Business Litigation – 2017, 2018 & 2020
- FSU College of Law Distinguished Pro Bono Service Award – 2012
- John Barretto Memorial Award – 2012
- Best Oralist Award, William B. Bryant-Luke C. Moore Invitational Moot Court Competition – 2012
- Best Cross Examination Award, Lone Star Classic National Mock Trial Tournament – 2011
Florida State University College of Law
- Juris Doctor – 2012
- Dean’s List
- Moot Court Team
- Mock Trial Team
- Business Review
- Master of Business Administration – 2008
- Dean’s List
- Roland George Investments Program
University of Florida
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – 2007
- Dean’s List
de Beaubien, Simmons, Knight, Mantzaris & Neal (“DSK Law”) was founded in 1976 and has grown into one of Central Florida’s largest law firms. The firm has a state-wide practice with offices in Orlando, Tampa, Tallahassee and Melbourne. DSK Law has 125 dedicated people, including more than 55 experienced attorneys, ready to serve our clients. Our size and diversity allows us to provide a broad range of legal services for our clients, both business and personal.
DSK Law has earned an AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, which signifies the highest level of professional excellence and integrity. We have several attorneys who are Board Certified by The Florida Bar as experts in the areas of Appellate Law, Civil Trial, Business Litigation, and Criminal Trial Law. Many of our attorneys are also leaders in state and local bar associations, as well as civic and community organizations. We have also proudly been named by The Orlando Sentinel to the Top 100 Companies for Working Families in Central Florida. Contact our Florida business & insurance lawyers today, we also cover family law, personal injury, criminal defense & estate planning.