Firm: Dunn Harrington Trial Lawyers
Location: Chicago - IL
22 West Washington Street, Suite 1500
Chicago, IL 60602
- Tel : 872-282-4603
- Fax : N/A
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Colin H. Dunn of Dunn Harrington specializes in all aspects of litigation, including appellate practice.
During law school, he worked for several judges, including the Honorable Ann Claire Williams of the Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. After law school, he worked as an Assistant State’s Attorney in Cook County in its Appellate Division. He then clerked for the Honorable Patrick J. Quinn of the Illinois Appellate Court. He also taught Appellate Advocacy at his alma mater, Loyola University of Chicago (J.D. Magna Cum Laude, 2002).
Since entering private practice, he has argued dozens of appeals, and been appointed by the Illinois Supreme Court and Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit to represent litigants in appeals before those courts.
He was named to the Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s “40 under 40” attorney list, recognizing Illinois’ top up and coming lawyers in 2010. He was also named a Super Lawyers’ “Rising Star” from 2009-2013. Since 2013, he has been named both a Super Lawyer and a Leading Lawyer. He has been named a Best Lawyer by U.S. News & World Report since 2017. And he is listed in Who’s Who in Law Higher Education for his class on aviation law.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Leading Lawyers, 2013-present
- Super Lawyers, 2013-present
- 2017, Best Lawyers, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Top 100 Verdicts of 2016 (#90)
- Best Lawyers® in America, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2018
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2009 – 2012
- Law Bulletin’s 40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty To Watch 2010
- National Law Journal’s The Top 100 Verdicts of 2012 (#11)
- Trial Excellence Award, Jury Verdict Reporter, 2012
- William J. Harte Amicus Volunteer Award from the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association 2010, 2011, 2017, 2022
- State of Illinois
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
Dunn Harrington Trial Lawyers
Appellate law is an exceedingly complex and niche field that necessitates the counsel of experienced attorneys. If your case is proceeding to a higher court and the time has come to seek outside appellate counsel, we at Dunn Harrington Trial Lawyers are prepared to assist you.
We represent plaintiffs in appeals throughout Illinois. In our time in practice, we have recovered more than $500 million in settlements and awards for our clients. Time and time again, we have demonstrated our prowess as trial attorneys in complex civil litigation