Firm: Englander Fischer
Location: St. Petersburg - FL
721 First Avenue North
St. Petersburg, Florida 33701
- Tel : 727-898-7210
- Fax : 727-898-7218
- Email : email@example.com
Courtney Fernald graduated summa cum laude, second in her class, from Stetson University College of Law. While in law school, she served as Articles Editor and Recent Developments Editor for the Stetson Law Review. She was also a member of Stetson’s Moot Court Board and completed Stetson’s Honors Program. Upon graduation, Courtney was awarded the E. Harris Drew Memorial Award for excellence in written and oral advocacy, and the Victor O. Wehle award for excellence in trial advocacy.
In 2016, Courtney became Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Appellate Practice. Certification is the highest level of evaluation by The Florida Bar of the competency and experience of attorneys in the areas of law approved for certification.
Courtney focuses her practice primarily on appellate law, but also represents clients in a wide variety of commercial litigation matters. She is a 2010 graduate of Leadership St. Pete, a division of the St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce and one of the oldest leadership programs in the country.
- Stetson University College of Law – summa cum laude, Juris Doctor
- Rollins College, Bachelor of Arts
- Florida Bar
- Florida – all courts
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals – Eleventh Circuit
- Practices mainly in the area of appellate practice, and has successfully handled both final and interlocutory appeals, as well as original proceedings
- Practices in the area of commercial litigation and has experience handling a wide variety of cases including commercial contract and lease disputes, tortious interference, misappropriation of trade secrets, covenants not to compete, real property disputes, deficiency judgment actions, and commercial foreclosure cases
- Board Certified in Appellate Practice, The Florida Bar, June 1, 2016
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Appellate Practice, for 2012 – 2020
- AV® Preeminent ™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Not a Foregone Conclusion: The Importance of Advocating For a Favorable Remand Instruction in a Civil Appeal From a Final Judgment, Fla. Bar Journal, March/April 2020
- Presenting Speaker, Practice in the Second DCA, St. Petersburg Bar Association Appellate Practice Section, 2019, 2020
- Staying a Money Judgment on Appeal: The Florida Supreme Court Declines to Resolve Conflict Among Florida’s District Courts of Appeal, Paraclete, Sept/Oct. 2017
- Florida’s Murky Litigation Privilege – Is Your Demand Letter Protected?, Paraclete, March/April 2017
Englander Fischer’s appellate attorneys work closely with the firm’s litigators to ensure that, even as the trial is proceeding, the stage is being set for a successful appeal if necessary. We defend favorable judgments secured by our litigators, as well as seek review of judgments adverse to our clients in both federal and state court. We are also available to handle appeals for clients represented by other counsel in the trial courts. Our appellate attorneys are skilled brief writers and excellent oral advocates with a strong knowledge of the inner workings of the appellate courts. Our appellate team has the experience and know-how to skillfully handle appeals in all of Florida’s five District Courts of Appeal, the Florida Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. Our appellate attorneys have experience handling appeals in all types of commercial cases including commercial contract and lease disputes, real property disputes, deficiency judgment actions, and commercial foreclosure cases.