Firm: Copeland Franco
Location: Montgomery - AL
444 South Perry Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
- Tel : 334.834.1180
- Fax : 334.834.3172
- Email : Wilson@copelandfranco.com
Frank attended Birmingham Southern College where he graduated magna cum laude. He received his law degree from the University of Alabama in 1978. He clerked for Federal District Judge Robert Varner. In 1979, he joined Jere Beasley and was a founding partner in the firm now known as Beasley Allen, where he practiced for 19 years.
His practice includes a wide range of cases from commercial litigation to consumer class actions to product liability. Several significant decisions in product liability law have resulted from his appellate work. Of note, at the age of thirty-two, Frank argued and obtained a unanimous decision for his client before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Handled more than 20 litigation matters on behalf of judges and lawyers including two former Chief Justices of the Supreme Court of Alabama, a judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, a district attorney, three of the State’s most prominent law firms, and individual judges and attorneys in litigation and disciplinary proceedings.
Prosecuted and defended major litigation matters in fields of federal securities law, product liability, intellectual property, class actions, trucking litigation, and road construction litigation. After a two-year retirement, he opened his own firm in 2000 where his practice focused on severe injury and wrongful death actions primarily in the field of product liability.
Frank is married to the former Melissa Day of Opp, Alabama.
- B.A., Birmingham Southern College (1975)
- J.D., University of Alabama School of Law (1978)
Order of the Barristers; John A. Campbell Moot Court Board
- Washington, D.C.
- New York
ADMISSION TO PRACTICE
- Alabama, State and Federal Courts
- 5th and 11th U.S. Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Appellate Litigation
- Complex Litigation (Plaintiff and Defense)’
- Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Professional Licensing
ASSOCIATION & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- American Bar Association (1978 to present)
- Alabama State Bar
Chairman, Task Force on Merit Judicial Selection (1997)
Bar Commissioner, 15th Judicial Circuit, Place 1 (2011 to 2014)
- District of Columbia Bar (2001 to present)
- New York State Bar (2003 to present)
- Alabama Association for Justice
Sustaining Member (1995 to 2008)
Member (1979 to present)
Executive Committee (1986 to present)
Amicus Brief Committee
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group
- Chairman, Jubilee City Fest (2002)
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts, Board of Directors
- Alabama Pattern Jury Instructions Committee (appointed by Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Alabama)
- Judicial Campaign Oversight Committee (appointed by Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Alabama)
- Court appointed member, Commission on Judicial Political Advertising
- Jt. Chair, Alabama State Bar Task Force on Merit Selection of Judges (1997)
HONORS & AWARDS
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Alabama Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Judicial Rating (2018)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum (1993 – present)
Numerous seminar presentations for the Alabama State Bar, ABICLE, Practicing Law Institute and others on subjects ranging from appellate practice, civil actions to recovery on behalf of child victims of sexual abuse, insurance fraud litigation, trial practice in business tort litigation, and product liability litigation.
Copeland Franco has been and continues to be a proving ground for some of America’s finest attorneys, litigators, and judges since 1947. Our reputation for intelligent, strategic legal counsel is built on our belief in thorough evidentiary and legal analysis, expert planning and execution, and a comprehensive style of law practice. Our attorneys continue to set the standards of practice for our legal community in an ever-changing justice system.
One never knows where or how far a dispute will lead. Copeland Franco’s attorneys have managed cases across Alabama and other states, in a variety of situations. We have litigated at every level of the U.S. court system; from state trial and appellate courts, to federal courts, to the U.S. Supreme Court. Our attorneys have the knowledge, ability and experience to manage litigation wherever it goes, no matter how far it goes.
Court cases can extend far beyond the initial suit or action. Copeland Franco understands how to manage a case to its full completion, and our attorneys have extensive appellate experience. Current members of the firm have participated in over 350 reported decisions in state and federal courts.