Firm: Snell & Wilmer L.L.P.
Location: Denver - CO
1200 Seventeenth Street Suite 1900
Denver, CO 80202-5854
- Tel : 303.634.2005
- Fax : 303.634.2020
- Email : email@example.com
Jim Kilroy is a partner in Snell & Wilmer’s Denver office. His trial, appellate and arbitration practice covers all areas of business and employment litigation.
Jim represents clients in jurisdictions across the United States in matters involving contracts, securities, shareholder claims, officer and director liability, intellectual property, trade secrets, noncompetition agreements, mineral rights, real estate, construction, federal and state employment claims, and professional liability. He has extensive experience in complex litigation proceedings, including multidistrict litigation matters, class actions and collective actions.
Awards & Honors
- Premier Appellate Lawyers, Exclusive Featured Attorney for Denver – CO (2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, Labor & Employment Litigation (2015-2021); Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants (2020-2021)
- Colorado Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation (2006-2021)
- Colorado Top 100 (2013-2021)
- Law Week Colorado, Barrister’s Choice Award, Best Overall Litigator (2018)
- Task Force of the Year Award, Colorado Lawyers Committee’s Homeless ID Task Force Steering Committee (2009)
- Tulane University (J.D., magna cum laude, 1991)
- Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, Tulane Law Review
- University of Wisconsin (B.A., History, with honors, 1986)
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Colorado Lawyers Committee
- Board of Directors
- Colorado Judicial Institute
- Board of Directors
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Court Reform Committee
- American Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Business Torts Subcommittee
- Corporate Counsel Subcommittee
- Litigation Section
- Faculty of Federal Advocates (Colorado)
- American Bar Foundation
- Colorado Fellows of American Bar Foundation
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
Snell & Wilmer L.L.P.
Clients facing the appellate process require counsel with the knowledge, experience and dedication necessary to negotiate challenges, avoid procedural traps, and win or defend judgments.
Snell & Wilmer’s appellate attorneys have handled appeals and extraordinary writs in a full spectrum of litigation matters arising from both state and federal trial courts. The firm’s appellate attorneys are intimately familiar with appellate procedure and have strong persuasive writing skills, a keen understanding of the law, and the experience necessary to deal with complicated records and legal issues.
Snell & Wilmer’s appellate group has decades of experience serving as lead counsel or counsel of record for clients in an extensive range of legal issues, including antitrust, civil rights, constitutional, labor and employment, healthcare, intellectual property and product liability law, among many others. Our attorneys have handled appeals for clients whom we have served as trial counsel, as well as cases in which Snell & Wilmer attorneys have not been previously involved.
Our appellate services range from evaluating the merits of a potential appeal or writ to handling the matter through completion of the appellate process. We also counsel companies and industry associations that have an interest in strategically utilizing the appellate courts to establish legal precedent.
Snell & Wilmer’s appellate attorneys represent clients before the United States Supreme Court, all federal courts of appeals and state appellate and supreme courts. Our attorneys have extensive experience in the states of Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah and Colorado, as well as the Ninth and Tenth Circuits. In addition, our attorneys have handled appeals and writs in a wide variety of other jurisdictions, including the United States Supreme Court, the states of Illinois, Virginia and Wisconsin, and the Second, Fourth, Seventh, Eighth and Eleventh Circuits.
Along with their court experience, our appellate attorneys have written and lectured on appellate advocacy. Our group strives to stay abreast of new legislation and rulings, because we know our attorneys’ familiarity with the appellate courts is instrumental in evaluating which arguments and strategies will provide the most effective and efficient results for our clients.