Firm: Law Office of Jamison Barkley, LLC
Location: Santa Fe - CA
316 Garfield St
Santa Fe, NM 87501
- Tel : 505-995-9602
- Fax : N/A
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamison Barkley represents clients throughout the State of New Mexico, defending civil rights and representing injured people and employees in the state and federal courts. In her over fifteen years of experience, Jamison has established a reputation as both a skilled trial lawyer and a keen appellate lawyer that will not back down.
In 2022, along with co-counsel, Jamison obtained an $800,000 verdict from an Albuquerque jury on behalf of a woman whose employer failed to protect her from sexual harassment and prevented her from obtaining subsequent employment in retaliation for her complaints of gender discrimination under the New Mexico Human Rights Act.
In 2016, along with co-counsel, Jamison obtained a $1.5 million verdict from a Santa Fe jury on behalf of a man whose employer falsely accused him of fraud and breach of duty. Jamison has also negotiated multiple six and seven figure settlements for her clients. Prior to private practice, Jamison worked for the New Mexico Legislature, the City of Santa Fe City Attorney’s Office, and as a law clerk for the New Mexico Supreme Court.
During law school at University of Colorado Boulder, Jamison worked on law review and interned at Colorado Legal Services, Migrant Farm Worker Division. She volunteers her time for Youth Shelters and Family Services, a non-profit providing varied services including crisis housing, transitional housing, and counseling to homeless and at-risk youth in Northern New Mexico and Gallup, where she has been a board member since 2017.
Awards and Recognitions
- Premier Appellate Lawyers Featured Attorney 2023
- Southwest Super Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys Top 10 Under 40
- Member, New Mexico Supreme Court Uniform Jury Instruction Committee, 2018 to present
- Chair, Amicus Committee, New Mexico Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2019 to present
- Past member, New Mexico Supreme Court Rules of Civil Procedure Committee
- Past member, Amicus Committee, New Mexico Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Past Contributing Editor, American Bar Association Section of Litigation’s Litigation News
Memberships and Affiliations
- Appellate Practice Section, State Bar of New Mexico
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice (“AAJ”)
- American Bar Association
- Past member, Oliver Seth American Inn of Court
- Bar of New Mexico (2007)
- Bar of Colorado (2008) (inactive)
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico (2014)
- United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals (2014)
- University of Colorado Denver (B.A. 2003)
- University of Colorado Boulder (J.D. 2007)