Firm: Dickinson & Gibbons, P.A.
Location: Sarasota - FL
401 North Cattlemen Road Suite 300
Sarasota, Florida 34232
- Tel : (941) 366-4680
- Fax : N/A
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Butler is a trial attorney and Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Appellate Practice. He has handled appeals throughout Florida and in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals court. His cases involve a wide-range of substantive areas of the law, including appeals involving final judgments, non-final orders, and petitions seeking extraordinary writs. In 2018, Mr. Butler received the special distinction of being admitted to practice in the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Butler’s trial and litigation practice focuses on complex matters involving consumer law, auto dealer fraud, product liability, legal malpractice, defamation, insurance defense and coverage disputes, deceptive and unfair trade practice claims, personal injuries, and general civil and commercial litigation.
Since 2016, Mr. Butler has been awarded the prestigious AV Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell. An AV® certification mark indicates that his peers rank him at the highest level of professional ethics and legal ability. In 2019 and 2020, Mr. Butler was selected for inclusion as a “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers as a top-rated civil litigation attorney. Less than 2.5% of lawyers in the state are selected as Rising Stars. Attorneys receiving this distinction have been recognized as among the leading lawyers in the state in their practice areas. In 2020, Mr. Butler was selected by SRQ Magazine as an “Elite Top Attorney” in the field of Appellate Law.
Mr. Butler is a proven leader in the legal profession, having served in various leadership roles at both a local and state level. In 2013, Mr. Butler was inducted into the inaugural class of The Florida Bar Leadership Academy. He previously served as President of the Sarasota County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers’ Division, after serving for several years on the board as a director. Mr. Butler is also the Chair of the Twelfth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, Section C. Grievance committees are composed of lawyers and nonlawyers and are responsible for continuing the investigation of possible lawyer misconduct referred by Bar discipline attorneys.
In 2020, Mr. Butler was re-elected to his third term on the Board of Governors for the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division (“YLD”), where he represents the Twelfth Judicial Circuit. Mr. Butler has served on various Florida Bar YLD committees, including Online Resources, Transition to Practice, Webinars, Inclusion & Diversity, and Pro Bono/Community Service. He has served as the Chair of the Technology Committee of the Florida Bar YLD since 2019.
Awards & Honors
- A/V Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (2016-Present)
- Elite Top Attorney, SRQ Magazine
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award (2020)
- 10/10 Rating on Avvo.com
- Board Certified in Appellate Practice by The Florida Bar
- Florida Bar Board Certified Appellate Practice Lawyer
- The Florida Bar
- Board of Governors, Young Lawyers Division (2016-Present)
- Chair, Technology Committee of the Florida Bar YLD (2019-Present)
- Appellate Law Section, Member
- Trial Lawyers Section, Member
- Twelfth Judicial Circuit Bar Grievance Committee (Chair, 2020-Present)
- Small Claims Rules Committee, Appointee (2014-2017)
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy, Class I Fellow (2013-2014)
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- President, Young Lawyers Division (2016-2017)
- President-Elect, Young Lawyers Division (2015-2016)
- Secretary, Young Lawyers Division (2014-2015)
- Director, Young Lawyers Division (2012-2014)
- Diversity Committee, Member (2010-2015)
- Defense Research Institute
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- U.S. Supreme Court
- All Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Dickinson & Gibbons, P.A.
Dickinson & Gibbons, P.A. is a member of ALFA International, the premier network of independent law firms with over 150 member firms across the globe (80 in the United States). Our Sarasota law firm combines the sophisticated practice and resources of a large law firm, with the innovative, efficient, and personal service of a smaller firm to serve our client’s needs.
The appellate law attorneys of Dickinson & Gibbons, P.A. provide appellate representation in all civil, commercial, and family law matters, and are licensed to practice in all State and Federal Appellate Courts throughout Florida. Our appellate attorneys represent clients in all civil matters, including Commercial & Complex Litigation, Construction Litigation, Consumer Law, Health Care, Insurance Coverage, Labor & Employment Law, Legal Malpractice, Marital & Family.