Location: Wilmington - DE
1313 North Market Street Suite 1201
Wilmington, DE 19801
- Tel : 302-442-7068
- Fax : N/A
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Barrie is Chair of the firm’s Insolvency & Creditors’ Rights Practice Group and Vice Chair of the Litigation Practice Group. His practice centers on complex commercial, real estate, and insolvency and bankruptcy related dispute resolution.
Michael litigates in Federal and state courts nationwide, including bankruptcy courts and Delaware’s Chancery Court, and has served as lead counsel in dozens of jury trials, bench trials, evidentiary hearings, and appeals. He strategically tailors a pragmatic approach to each matter, achieving maximum value and effectiveness for his clients who operate in all sectors of the energy, healthcare, lending, manufacturing, private equity, real estate, retail, technology, telecommunications, and transportation industries. Michael has litigated and argued numerous appeals in the intermediate appellate courts of California, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York, the Supreme Courts of Pennsylvania and Delaware, and the United States Courts of Appeal for the Second, Third, and Sixth Circuits.
Insolvency & Creditors’ Rights
- Represented the Debtors in Art Van Furniture, LLC’s Chapter 11 case filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. The Debtors, two retail furniture store chains with a combined approximate 300 location filed bankruptcy and began conducting going out of business sales when the COVID-19 pandemic struck.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors as Delaware counsel in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of The Hertz Corporation, et al.
- Lead counsel for GenCanna Global USA, Inc., et al, one of the world’s largest vertically-integrated producer of hemp derived CBD products, in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the Eastern District of Kentucky. GenCanna was one of the first large hemp producer bankruptcies since hemp production and sales were legalized in the United States.
- Represent Pender Capital nationwide in originations, workouts, foreclosures and bankruptcies. We have represented Pender Capital in over 70 transactions or litigation matters throughout the United States. We have served as lead counsel for this lender in litigation in Federal and state courts, including, but not limited to, in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas, and Washington.
- Representation of Columbia Pacific Advisors nationwide as lead counsel in loan originations, workouts, foreclosures, receiverships and bankruptcies across the United States, including in California, Florida, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
- Represent LS Capital nationwide in workouts, foreclosures, bankruptcies, and acquisition of distressed debt. Representation is focused on Delaware, New Jersey, Illinois, Ohio, and Pennsylvania matters.
Benesch is an AmLaw 200 business law firm and limited liability partnership with offices in Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Hackensack, San Francisco, Shanghai and Wilmington. The firm is known for providing highly sophisticated legal services to national and international clients that include public and private, middle market and emerging companies, as well as private equity funds, entrepreneurs, and not-for-profit organizations.
Today’s fast-paced and ever-changing business climate makes it essential to not only proactively address today’s needs but also look ahead. We practice for tomorrow so our clients are ready for what’s next. The COVID-19 situation is dynamic and fluid, requiring constant attention and appropriate measures for the health and safety of all. Our attorneys, who have formed a dedicated COVID-19 Task Force and online resource center, are plugged in and reviewing the latest developments to ensure we are taking appropriate steps to help educate and respond to our clients during this time of uncertainty.