Firm: Brannock Humphries & Berman
Location: Tampa - FL
1111 W Cass St #200
Tampa, FL 33606
- Tel : 813-223-4300
- Fax : N/A
- Email : email@example.com
Steve Brannock is a founder and managing shareholder of the firm. Steve has been an appellate specialist for nearly his entire legal career. Board certified in appellate practice, he has handled appellate matters in all five Florida District Courts of Appeal, the Florida Supreme Court, six federal circuit courts of appeal, and the United States Supreme Court. Before founding Brannock Humphries & Berman, Steve spent 28 years with Holland & Knight LLP, where he supervised its appellate practice in central Florida.
Steve is recognized by numerous “Best Lawyer Lists,” including Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA, Florida Trend Legal Elite, and Super Lawyers. He has been named to the list of 100 top practitioners in Florida by Super Lawyers every year since 2008. He also holds the highest rating obtainable from Martindale-Hubbell (AV preeminent). Steve is active in the Appellate Section of the Florida Bar, having served as Chair of the Section and as Chair of the Florida Appellate Rules Committee. In 2012, he received the Adkins Award, the Appellate Section’s highest award for contributions to appellate practice in Florida. He is a frequent lecturer and writer on appellate topics and has served as an adjunct professor of appellate practice at the Stetson University College of Law.
Steve and his wife live in historic Seminole Heights, Tampa. They are avid travelers and foodies.
- University of Florida, B.A., with high honors
- Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., with high honors
- Order of the Coif
Honors and Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year for Appellate Practice in Tampa, 2010
- Best Lawyers in America, Appellate Practice, 2007-2021
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2007-2021
- Chambers USA (Band 1)
- Florida Super Lawyers, Top 10 Lawyers in Florida, 2016
- Florida Super Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers in Florida
- Florida Super Lawyers, Top 50 Lawyers in North Florida
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2020
- Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section Chair’s Recognition Award
- Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section’s Adkins Award, 2012
- Brevard County Legal Aid, Recognition for Outstanding Pro Bono Service, 2017
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, Hall of Fame, inducted 2014
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, 2005-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating
Brannock Humphries & Berman
The endgame matters. Brannock Humphries & Berman is a Florida-based appellate boutique that focuses on that endgame, exclusively. With a team of eleven experienced lawyers, we are the largest firm in the state specializing in appellate law. We handle all types of state and federal appeals, ranging from complex commercial disputes to personal injury actions.
Our firm has a singular focus on appellate work. We have handled hundreds of appeals and have appeared in the United States Supreme Court; the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Federal United States Circuit Courts of Appeals; the Florida Supreme Court; and every Florida District Court of Appeal.
Our experience includes appeals in virtually every subject area of the law, both civil and criminal. We regularly handle personal injury, family law, and commercial appeals. Our clients include individuals, businesses (small and large), municipalities, bankruptcy trustees, and public utilities.